Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Lost Cosby Kid and Vacation Day 2


Left to right: Mushmouth, Russell, Rudy, Fat Albert, Bucky, Bill, Dumb Donald and Weird Harold.
Anyone missing?


Do you remember this:

"Hey, Hey, Hey, it’s Fat Albert!
And I’m gonna sing a song for you
And Bill’s gonna show you a thing or two
You’ll have some fun now with me and all the gang.
Learning from each other, and while we do our thing…

Na Na Na, gonna have a good time."

Yes it's the theme song to Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids. A few weeks back, some friends and I were reminiscing about Fat Albert. Did you know there was a lost Cosby Kid? He was only in the promotional cartoon made before the show went on the air. His name was Sackmouth. He was born with 2 testicles in his mouth. Fat Albert would say, "Hey, Hey, Hey. What's up, Sackmouth?" And Sackmouth would always say, "I can't talk. I've got 2 balls in my mouth" at which point, the testicles would pop out of his mouth and dangle against his chin. Sackmouth would then push the balls back into his mouth because it was just gross to see 2 balls dangling on a guy's chin. I believe the voice of Sackmouth was provided by Morgan Freeman, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the advertisers didn't think Sackmouth would be a good selling point for their products, so he was written out of all the episodes that actually aired. I'm thinking that Sackmouth got punched in the jaw and became Mushmouth, but I could be wrong there too.

I picked up my dry cleaning today. It got me to thinking about what martinizing is again. I started thinking that it maybe some guy named Martin in the back of the shop jacking off on suits going, "Yeah, there's your 'Martinizing', baby. And there. And there. And there, too. Yeah." Again, your suit comes out all stiff and shiny. Like metal. I guess 'simonizing' could be construed in the same way.

Yesterday, I fucked a hamster. By accident.

Friday is Woosiepaloosa 2008. Every July 4th one of my friends, we'll call him "Glenn", has a barbecue get together at his house. It's a lot of fun, what with the drunken croquet, drunken bocce, drunken basketball and drunken fireworks ("More Boom-Boom!"). Did I mention there'd be alcohol involved? Every year I make a CD of older songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's for "Glenn". Unfortunately, I don't keep a record of what songs I burned onto CDs for him over the years, so I'm probably going to give him all duplicate songs one of these years.

The rest of my day has been spent drinking.

No comments: